Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Path to MCPD Certification Demystified

Update Sept 17, 2007: [See updated Path to MCPD post here]

I don't know about you, but I found it a bit unclear at first glance of what the best route to each MCP certification and what the 'hierarchy' is. I have had to infer as much by the number of exams and which certs were esssentially pre-reqs for others.

Here is the plan I have developed that (AFAIK) is the shortest path to MCPD (measured by number of exams written) while maximizing the number of intermediate certifications. Exams to be written in order:

Exam

Certification Awarded

70-235

MCTS (BizTalk)

70-320


70-315

MCAD

70-316


70-300

MCSD for Microsoft .NET

70-553


70-554

MCPD: Enterprise Applications Developer


I already have the MCTS (BizTalk). As of now I am setting a goal of writing an exam every two months, which if I follow will make me MCPD in one year's time. Wish me luck!

Certification requirements:
Exams:
Of course, feel free to substitute any other MCTS to begin with (most of which require two exams) and the Visual Basic .NET variants if necessary for your own needs :)

No comments: