Monday, September 17, 2007

Path to MCPD Certification Revised!

Whoa was I off... In one of my previous postings I outlined the steps to achieving an MCPD in Enterprise Applications. While legitimate, it is leveraging exams that focus on .NET 1.1 and are not part of the "new" stream of MCP exams. If you actually read the page for the MCPD requirements (as I apparently did not) it indicates that for individuals with no previous certifications, it really takes 5 exams (see plan below). This new path cannot, sadly, leverage my MCTS in BizTalk Server and does not have any intermediate certifications besides a .NET MCTS, but it only takes 5 exams rather than the 7 I had outlined before.


Exam

Certification Awarded

70-536


70-528

MCTS: .NET Framework 2.0 Web Applications

70-526

MCTS: .NET Framework 2.0 Windows Applications

70-553

MCTS: .NET Framework 2.0 Distributed Applications

70-549

MCPD: Enterprise Applications Developer


If you like, you can also get the specific MCPD after each of the MCTS if you don't intend on going as far as the MCPD Enterprise Applications.

Certification requirements:

No comments: